Sunday 13 May 2012

Fresh Ground Sandwiches & Espresso


Fresh Ground is a great little hotspot in eastern suburbia that has become quite a favourite of mine. I regularly frequent it for a quick weekend lunch. The sandwiches are amazing, packed with fillings and made to order. There's a huge variety of combinations to choose from but I recommend the "No. 1" (chicken, lettuce, cheese, tomato and herb mayo) on turkish or sourdough bread or the "No. 5", which is similar but has chilli mayo and avocado (pictured). Other menu items include salads, freshly squeezed juices and something I've been wanting to try for a while is turkish raisin toast with ricotta, walnuts and honey for breakfast. Maybe next time! I'm a tea drinker but I hear the coffee is pretty amazing here too!

The look and feel of the space is cool and inviting. The walls are covered in beautiful Florence Broadhurst wallpaper and there's a big communal table in the middle. There are also smaller tables dotted about the place. The service is always fantastic! In fact, there was one particular occasion where I wasn't feeling too well and the guy at the counter said "I'll make you a juice that will make you feel better!" How nice! It was a carrot, orange and ginger juice. It was delicious and yes it did make me feel better!

Fresh Ground is open for breakfast and lunch, Monday to Saturday and is located at 154 Belmore Road, Randwick, NSW. Enjoy! Na xo

No comments:

Post a Comment