Wednesday 4 July 2012

Eschalot Restaurant, Berrima

Trio of Cuttaway Creek raspberry - soufflé, sorbet & jube.
We recently met up with family for a joint birthday celebration and decided to head to the lovely town of Berrima for lunch. After a quick online search of restaurants in the area, I came across Eschalot Restaurant which looked absolutely perfect for the occasion. We were seated in a small dining room, which was lovely as it felt like our own private dining area. Everything on the menu looked so delicious I had trouble deciding, in the end I ordered the seared scallops as an entree and had the pork fillet as a main. The food was so yummy that I forgot to take photos! You can probably tell by now, that I still had room for dessert given the number of dessert photos in this post. No, I didn't eat everything you see here. I ordered the raspberry souffle and it was absolutely divine, so light and perfectly paired with the sorbet. Mr Mi had the jaffa mousse cake which was also delicious and my sister had the creme brulee. Needless to say, I was seriously stuffed after all that food and if that wasn't enough my tea was served with petit fours! If you are ever around the Southern Highlands, I highly recommend this place, the food is fabulous and so is the service. After lunch, we wandered down the main road and I bought myself a jar of homemade lemon butter from the Little Hand-stirred Jam Shop. YUM! Love Mi xo

Chocolate jaffa mousse cake with vanilla, honeycomb ice cream.

Vanilla crème brûlée with poached rhubarb.

Petit fours.

No comments:

Post a Comment