Sunday 11 November 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Cake


This post is dedicated to my friends N&B and their gorgeous little boy Josh. They are the most amazing parents and little Josh is such a happy, relaxed and easy-going bub. Mr Mi and I are soon to be parents and they are an inspiration! The very hungry little caterpillar (aka Josh) turned one recently and his mama wanted to make him a hungry caterpillar cake for his birthday party. After a few searches I saw this amazing cake, so we set on another fondant adventure to attempt this cake. I used my favourite basic vanilla cake recipe and Na's buttercream to make a four layered sponge cake. We covered the cake in ready rolled icing and Josh's mama hand cut the fruits and made the amazing caterpillar. We were pretty proud of our efforts and needless to say we were completely sugared out after a slice of the rainbow caterpillar cake. Happy first birthday Josh! Mi xoxo



2 comments: