Sunday 13 January 2013

Magnolia Bakery, New York


This bakery has been on my list of places to go for a long time now. I finally got to visit it when I went to New York City for a little holiday with my sister. It's the most adorable bakery and everything is baked and decorated by hand. They're well known for their amazing cupcakes topped with a signature swirl of delicious frosting. The baked goods on offer don't just stop with cupcakes; they have brownies, cookies and a huge range of full-sized cakes.

The bakery now occupies a few locations dotted about the city but the one I went to was the very first and is located on a quiet street in the west village. Ladies or gents who love "Sex and the City" may also recognise it, as it features in one of the episodes.



Carrie and Miranda having a cupcake outside Magnolia Bakery in Sex and the City.
The original Magnolia Bakery can be found at 401 Bleecker Street, New York. Na xo
Photos by A.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment