Wednesday 11 April 2012

Singaporean Black Pepper Crab

Black pepper crab from Long Beach MAIN Singapore.


Mr Mi and I recently visited Singapore and went on a quest to find the best black pepper crab. We were only there for a few days so wanted to make the most of our dining experience. After reading a few restaurant reviews on trip advisor we decided to try out the crab at Long Beach MAIN. I've never had black pepper crab before so have nothing to compare it with, but I thought it was very tasty indeed! Eating crab is always hard work and very messy, once you've managed to crack open the shell and peel it off you are sure to be rewarded with the tender, juicy and tasty flesh inside. I was not disappointed!

 

No meal would be complete without dessert, so we headed down to Chinatown to a place called Mei Heong Yuen Dessert. I ordered the almond and black sesame snow ice (left) and Mr Mi had the watermelon and lychee snow ice (right). I'm not sure how to describe this dessert exactly, I guess it's a mix between ice cream and a snow cone. The layers of snow ice are soft and pillowy, resembling the layers of chocolate in Cadbury flake. I enjoyed it quite a lot, it was nice and light not too filling even though it looks like a huge mountain! We had so many delicious treats in Singapore, far too many to mention here. If you are ever in Singapore be sure to try these places out! Mi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment