Wednesday 1 January 2014

Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Cheesecake Frosting


Happy new year! My new year's resolution is to bake and blog more so here it goes first post of the year.

This dark chocolate cupcake recipe has been my go to recipe lately. It's so easy and the best thing is that the cupcakes remain moist and fresh even after a couple of days. Every time I go to the website I end up having to convert some of the quantities of ingredients, so I've decided to re-write the recipe below with the quantities in grams.

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes (from Two Peas & Their Pod)

  • 110 g unsalted butter
  • 60 g dark chocolate (I use Nestle Club Dark)
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt


I topped off the cupcakes with a cream cheese icing scaled down from this recipe (250 g cream cheese, 70 g unsalted butter, 1 and 1/3 cups icing sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract) and a strawberry. Mr Mi's favourite flavours! Mi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment