Friday 10 January 2014

New York Cheesecake with Blueberries


Must be blueberry season as our fridge seems to be overflowing with them at the moment. Luckily mini-Mi loves eating blueberries but even so I didn't think he could eat that many!! Time for some baking me thinks. Mr Mi loves cheesecake. I'll admit I haven't really baked many cheesecakes in my time and so didn't have any basic recipe up my sleeves. After a little searching on the internet I came across a Jamie Oliver recipe. We have a decent collection of Jamie's cook books so I didn't really think I could go wrong with this one. I wanted to make a cheesecake slice rather than "cake" so made a few modifications.

New York Cheesecake Recipe by Jamie Oliver

  • 250 g digestive biscuits, crushed
  • 150 g unsalted butter, melted
  • 95 g caster sugar
  • 2.5 tbsp cornflour
  • 750 g cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 95 ml double cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • zest of 1 lemon

Modifications
  • I wanted a thinner layer of cheesecake so reduced the quantity accordingly
  • Used a 20 x 30 cm rectangular tin instead of 24 cm cake tin
  • Placed blueberries in the cheesecake layer prior to baking instead of making a blueberry sauce
  • Reduced cooking time to 35 minutes


It turned out pretty well and Mr Mi was satisfied with the outcome. Next time, I think I will make the biscuit layer just a little bit thicker as I found it was a bit to thin and crumbly this time but otherwise a great, easy and delicious recipe. Mi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment