Thursday 2 August 2012

Flourless Orange Cupcakes with Candied Orange


Mr Mi loves the little flourless orange muffins from Luxe Bakery (and I love them too)! So I decided to try and make these sweets treats for him. After some searching, I came across this great recipe from Citrus and Candy. I followed the recipe exactly as written, except instead of using a cake tin I used muffin tins to make 22 cupcakes and reduced the baking time to 20 minutes. To decorate, I made some candied orange slices using this recipe, replacing white sugar with raw sugar resulting in a nice caramel syrup. The cupcakes were lovely, moist and the candied orange finishes it off nicely. Mr Mi gave it a 10 out of 10 and thumbs up, he especially loved the candied orange. Try it out, you won't regret it. Mi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment