Thursday 9 August 2012

Muppet Cupcakes

Photography by G.P.
A group of us went to Miss T's house over the weekend for a "Muppet Cupcake Extravaganza". Our quest was to re-create these amazing hand cut and hand painted edible Muppet cupcake toppers. When Miss T first proposed the idea, I have to admit...I thought to myself these are going to be really tricky but I was ready to take the challenge. Miss T led the team by baking a batch of delicious vanilla cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes. My task was to assist with all things sugary, Na's basic buttercream and the fondant! I printed out some pictures and we traced them onto baking paper to help with cutting out the shapes, although some of the characters such as Beaker made by Miss T's mum was cut free hand! After a few hours of colouring the fondant with Wilton gel colours and painstakingly cutting out tiny little fondant shapes, I think the results speak for themselves - twelve lovely too-cute-to-eat Muppet cupcakes. We were very pleased with our efforts! Needless to say, I had a bit of a sugar-ache that evening (and the next morning!). I wonder what our next cupcake project will be? Love Mi xoxo

Photography by G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment