Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Greenhouse

Earlier this month, I found myself on the other side of the country in a little city called Perth. I stumbled upon this fantastic eatery called The Greenhouse. I instantly fell in love with the look, the feel, the food and the concept. It's a wonderful project that is based on the idea of sustainability. They have thought of everything from where their food is sourced to the building materials used, in order to minimise their ecological footprint. The building is made from recyclable materials and the first thing you notice is...it's covered in pot plants! Covered! When you walk inside, you instantly feel like you're in a good place. The service is so warm and welcoming and if you venture upstairs there's a cocktail bar surrounded by a vegetable garden!

Over my time in Perth I frequented the Greenhouse and had delicious fresh pasta, home-made lemonade (I THINK it was made with honey instead of sugar. Genius!) and creative cocktails served in jam jars! Na xo



2 comments:

  1. I always find jam jars as drinking glasses in cafes a bit strange like they didn't do the washing up or something :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'm fairly sure these were clean :)

      Delete