Sunday 11 March 2012

Beetroot Cake Part 2


You may recall the beautiful beet cake video that I posted earlier well....today was the day that I finally tried it out. The actual recipe can be found in written form at the Tiger In a Jar blog. Having now baked and eaten this cake, I can say that it's essentially a chocolate cake with some beetroot in it, which makes it quite lovely and moist.

The first step involves peeling and boiling beetroot. This left my fingers with a wonderful pink hue, which washed off easily with a little extra scrubbing. The recipe also calls for quite a bit of butter (1 cup), but as I've heard Nigella Lawson say a few times "Everything in moderation, including moderation!" so don't feel too bad about it! In any case, the cake has 2 cups of beetroot in it too and we all know that's very very good for you! So it kind of balances out I guess? That's what I tell myself anyway.

I made a few cupcakes with the left over batter, which turned out well too. So bake this cake and enjoy but I don't think it counts as eating your vegetables! Na xo

No comments:

Post a Comment