Tuesday 6 March 2012

Chocolate Brownie Recipe

OK, so I'm just going to admit it...I've never made chocolate brownies before! There I said it. A few years back, I tasted the most amazing chocolate brownies made by a friend of a friend. I subsequently asked for the recipe but have never actually made them. I was rummaging through my recipe book the other day and came across it. I don't know the original source because she typed it up in an email for me, perhaps it was a family recipe? In any case, they taste really good and the glossy ganache is so decadent. Enjoy! Mi xo



Chocolate Brownie Recipe

  • 1 and 1/3 cups plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 250 g butter (melted)
  • 1 cup good quality cocoa
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Combine plain flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
  4. Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and add chopped walnuts.
  5. Pour mixture into a greased pan.
  6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 25 - 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean (better to be on the slightly undercooked side so the brownie stays nice and moist in the middle).
  7. Ganache (optional): Warm up 1/2 of cream on the stove until just before boiling point and pour over 180g of dark chocolate (preferably Nestle Club broken into small pieces).

4 comments:

  1. The ganache icing is perfect! So delicious! Two thumbs up! Na xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys rock! Masterchef here we come....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting our blog!! More sweeties to come. :) Mi xo

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I substituted 1/3 wholemeal flour and no harm done. Might be a bit drier than the original, but the icing makes it just perfect.

    ReplyDelete